Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing #12 Creating Community

I am finding that I am probably not a great blogger. I love exporing the 23things; just hate having to write about them. I move ahead to the next "thing" and "forget" to blog my comments. Then I have to go back and try to remember what I did.

I have to confess that I am a lurker, not an active participant. I have to get really excited to join in a conversation in a blog or a list. I have been a member of LM-Net, TLC Listserve, and read many blogs without ever commenting unless asked directly. So, to go to some of our group blogs and comments was really work. Loved to read them though and especially loved seeing examples of their work - especially the image creators. I had to make myself comment, but I did do it and left my personal stamp (picture) so the recipient would know who I am. I feel safe doing that within this group. I loved The Mean Old Library Teacher's blog. So beautiful, creative, flowing, and very different for the rest. I would have told her but I couldn't find any place to comment. Comments were posted on Life's a Garden, Born to Travel, Karen's Space, and Practicing what I Preach - Teach sites. They were all way ahead of me .... finished even.

I am still struggling, knowing that time is short and I have a lot of blogging to do. I have listed some of my favorite blogs on my site and am adding as I go....Put Library Thing on this morning. I am always interested in any and all conversations about books and reading.

1 comment:

VWB said...

Not everyone is a blogger...and that's ok! blogging is just one of the 23 Things and after reading several of your posts, it looks like you have discovered several Things you want to use!
can't wait to see what else you grab onto!