Monday, July 28, 2008

#18 Google Docs

I am fairly familiar with both Google docs and Open Office. My husband uses Open Office and Firefox for everything. Google docs was the topic of a workshop I took in March at the Texas Distance Learning Conference. I was so excited, I went back to the office and began promoting the service.

We haven't used it yet, but I have made plans. I chair and serve on several committees that will use Google docs to complete a final product - one of them is an RFP for library management software. We also need to update our job descriptions and evaluation instruments.

I was really pleased with the templates. I can see using them in the classroom for students to use individually or in groups. They are ways to get students focused on being "professional" and developing a good image for future employers.

I loved the wedding album template. It's not too late to post more of my son's wedding pictures! Can't wait to use the baby book template! :)

No comments: