Sunday, July 27, 2008

#14 Technorati

I am not nearly as excited about Technorati as I was about Del.icio.us. I am struggling with how to use it for my own benefit and the benefit of librarians. What I did learn from Technorati was that we, who are are doing the 23 Things through Spring Branch are not alone. Everyone, including NEA and School Library Journal, and 170 others are blogging and exploring all the networking possibilities of Web 2.0. We, at least some of us, were listed, thought it was hard to tell. I went to the top blogging spot, Boing Boing, but was not too impressed. What I am learning is that there is a lot of blogging activity going on out there!

Tags are very helpful, especially because you self-select; no reason to memorize a key list of any type. The suggested tags on side menus are very helpful, particularly related to size of the type. The bigger the more popular. I did learn however, that just because the tag is large doesn't mean that it is what I am looking for.

No comments: