Sunday, July 27, 2008

#15 Web 2.0 and the Future of Libraries

My experience of libraries has changed so much in the past ten years or so, that I am excited that we are still on the move, and while we can identify general directions, the future is still just possibilities. However, the role of 2.0 technologies and applications, is to help us "test the waters" and jump in. I have already stepped into the unknown and am just a bit uneasy. We librarians often like to think of ourselves as "in-control" when many of us are already behind.

Wendy Schultz sparked my imagination with the possibilities. Not only am I to master 2.0, but 3D and 4.0 as well----when we get there.

David Warwick is amazing. He led me to Teachertips.com and 50 Useful Blogging Tools for Teachers and a Florida site: Web Tools 4 U 2 Use.

The possibilities are staggering! Like Wendy, I can't wait to get there.

No comments: