Monday, July 28, 2008

#19 Award List

Soooooo many to explore that it was very hard to choose. I decided to look at Zillow.com. We are building a new home and will eventually sell our current home and move. I wanted to see what tools are available to compare the home we are building with other homes in the same area and to see possible resale value on the one in which we are currently living.

It was very interesting to see the size and comparative value of the houses in our neighborhood. The ariel photography was fun to view as well and it was free. In my home state of Indiana, most of the farms have an ariel photograph taken years ago, framed and hung in a place of honor. These are now free or at least could be.

I have explored Google Earth. My son returned from his honeymoon with all of his pictures connected to Google Earth. Click on the picture and get a visual satellite picture of the exact place it was taken. He can track his entire honeymoon and remember where they were and what they were doing when the picture was taken.

Fun! Fun! Fun! I looked at Backpack as well. Families could use it to keep track of each other's schedules. Always a problem for us. I look forward to sharing soccer games, school programs, open houses, and other grandchildren activities on the calendar. And it is free! Ten years ago I couldn't even have imagined that we could share our lives so easily.

No comments: